Friday, March 23, 2012

What is your body trying to communicate to you???

Being healthy is vital to living a joyous life!  Being someone who has healed myself of many things physically, mentally and emotionally I feel like it's part of my duty to let others know that they can truely heal themselves.  All of the answers are within us, not outside.  This takes some time, getting to know ourselves and uniting the body, mind and spirit.

Good health is being active and having high energy, eating a balanced diet, being free of worry and fear, going to sleep and awakening easily, having a good memory, having a sound mind, having a light heart, having our thoughts match our actions, having supportive friends and family, and being honest, considerate, compassionate and loving to everyone in our lives.

Disease, aches and pains are the body's way of getting our attention and communicating with us.  Unfortunately, when this happens most of us run to the medicine cabinet or drugstore and take a pill.  This is a way of ignoring what the body is trying to tell you and opting for a short term solution. Instead, when this happens, it is the perfect opportunity to sit quietly and ask your body what it is trying to tell you.  Sometimes a headache is just dehydration that can be solved with more water. Anxiety may be there because we just need to deal with some old fears.  This can be true of life threatening illesses as well.  If we want long term health we have to start listening to our bodies.

I want to share a few stories of my own relating to my health.  About 6yrs ago I was laying on the table in my friend Andrea's office.  It was the first time I had met her and I was recommended by a dear friend to go and experience her healing.  I didn't know what to expect and my friend really didn't know how to describe what kind of work she actually does.  She just said "trust me", so I went.  Andrea started to massage my feet and immediately said "you have Gallstones" what are you so angry about, what are you holding onto?"  She was practicing a healing modality called Reflexology.  I said, "what do you mean?"  She explained that the every organ in the body has an emotional and psychological counterpart and when we are not healed and balanced in those areas they disease will manifest physically.

She pointed our that the Liver/Gallbladder were anger/resentment vessels and prescribed me a meditation to do each morning upon awakening.  I left her office and every morning I did my meditation, which was asking my higher self to reveal to me what I was holding onto and what I was so anrgy about.  I also  used this meditation while moving through my yoga asana practice and one morning I remembered that I had experienced sharp pains in the center of my chest on many occasions over the last couple of years.  Pains that I had dismissed as anxiety and indigestion.  I decided to make an appointement with my doctor out of curiosity, but of course I didn't tell her that I had seen a healer.  I just mentioned that I had pains in my chest that I thought may be gallstone related, after some research, and asked her to order me an ultrasound.  Low and behold I had Gallstones!  The first question doctor's ask is about your diet, because this could also be a cause, but my doctor knew that I was vegetarian and eating very healthy for years, so she was stumped.  I, of course, knew exactly what it was.

I continued to see Andrea so that she could guide me, in many ways, how to listen to my body and release whatever it was I was holding onto.  This was such a powerful process!  During the same time I was recommended to see a surgeon to remove my gallbladder.  I explored all of my options and in the end I listened to my intuition and I decided to take the longer harder route, which was to face why Gallstones formed to begin with.  Considering myself a pretty happy person I still had many things that I was angry with that had formed over the years, resentments that weren't dealt with fully, relationships that weren't healthy and also just old belief systems that no longer worked for me, but I still felt responsible for. I also struggled because I thought it was wrong to be angry so I even had to let go of the shame involved with that.  I believed that if I removed the gallbladder it would only manifest somewhere else in the future so I needed to do the emotional work if I wanted to be healed.

Little by little I began to let go, on the table, in meditation, on the mat and then in life.  I had to face each thing and work on forgiveness and letting go.  This took much longer than the few hours it would have taken to have the Gallbladder removed but I trusted in the process.  From that moment on I never had another pain in my chest.

By bringing my awareness and attention to that particular part of my body everything I needed to know was revealed to me.  We live in a society now that when something is uncomfortable we get rid of it instead of taking an opportunity to work on it.  Everyone and everything is our teacher but we must humble ourselves enough to listen.  I am full of gratitude for all of the ways my body and mind communicate to me helping me realize just how connected everything is.

What is your body trying to communicate to you?

Andrea Vlaco-Christos: 215-620-1413

Book Reccomendation:  You Can Heal Your Life by: Louise Hay

All the Love
Danielle

2 comments:

  1. DANIELLE,
    I AGREE WITH YOU ! BODY AND MIND ARE CONNECTED ,AND ALL WE NEED TO DO IS LEARN TO LISTEN TO SIGNALS AND BE ATTUNED TO A TEMPLE WHERE OUR SOUL RESIDES . HAW MANY TIMES WE IGNORE SIGNS OUR BODY GIVES US?AND BEFORE WE RECOGNIZE THE SYMPTOMS OF DISCOMFORT OR PAIN,WE TAKING AN ADVIL OR ANOTHER MEDICINE INSTEAD OF ASKING THE HIGHER SELF MAYBE WE 'R HUNGRY? TO GET IN-TUNE WITH THE BODY WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF MIND (LITERARY)....STOP THINKING -START FEELING. IT MAY TAKE TIME BUT IT WORTH IT TO KNOW THYSELF...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true Nella, we need to stop thinking and feel more! Thank you for always taking the time to read:) xi

    ReplyDelete